Registration Notes for the 32nd Dalian International Marathon
I. Race Date
1. Men’s and women’s 10km/men’s and women’s mini marathon: 7:30am Sunday, May 5th, 2019.
2. Men’s and women’s marathon/group marathon/ men’s wheelchair marathon/men’s and women’s half marathon/men’s and women’s wheelchair half marathon: 7:30am Sunday, May 12th, 2019.
II. Race Start and Finish
(I) Race Start:Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District
(II) Race Finish：
1.Terminal Point for full distance competitions: The Terminal Point for Men/Women Personal Marathon, Marathon Team Event and Men’s Wheelchair Marathon is positioned at Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District.
2.Terminal Point for half distance competitions: The Terminal Point for Men/Women Half Marathon and Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon is positioned at Wuwu Road.
3.Terminal Point for 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon: The Terminal Point for Men/Women 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon is positioned at Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District.
III. Race Events/Age Limit/Registration Fee
1. Time of registration: 10:00 a.m. March 8-5:00 p.m March 22, 2019.
3. Address for on-site registration: Dalian QQ-Park.
Registration must be submitted online this year. If you are not familiar with online registration, please go to the helpdesk set up by the Organizing Committee for assistance.
Official website address for registration: The Official Website of Dalian International Marathon Competition www.dlmls.org.
Location of registration helpdesk: Dalian QQ-Park.
Registration telephone: 0411-39559394 39634543.
1. Time of registration:
Participants can fill in the required registration information and pay registration fee by logging on the Dalian International Marathon Official Website Registration System.
Time of registration: 10:00 a.m. March 8-17:00 p.m March 22, 2019.
Runners must fill out and submit the registration form and pay registration fee to be qualified for the race. Marathon and half marathon runners’ qualification will be decided by drawing lots if the numbers of registrations exceed the limits. Registration fee will be refunded to runners who are not qualified. Qualified runners must complete face ID acquisition as required by the Organizing Committee.ID cards and face ID are required for collection of supplies.
3. Runners (teams) are responsible for their costs of transportation, food and accommodation as well as potential medical treatments during the event.
1. Men’s and women’s marathon/men’s wheelchair marathon: 12,000 runners max.
2. Men’s and women’s half marathon/men’s and women’s wheelchair half marathon: 13,000 runners max.
3. Men/Women 10km Fitness Run: 3000 runners max,until full.
4. Men/Women Min-Marathon:2000 runners max,until full.
5. Marathon and half marathon runners’ qualification will be decided by drawing lots after payment of registration fee if the numbers of registrations exceed the limits. Runners who register through“Direct Access”will be directly qualified and no drawing required.
(III) Direct Access
Runners eligible for Direct Access are directly qualified after payment of registration fee, no drawing required. Eligible runners include:
1. Runners meeting the requirements below will be directly qualified:
Runners who completed their races during the 31st Dalian International Marathon with the following results: men’s marathon within 4 hours, women’s marathon within 4 hours 30 minutes; men’s half marathon within 2 hours, women’s half marathon within 2 hours 30 minutes.
2. Quotas will be given to specially invited runners, official pacers, wheelchair runners, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media without drawing lots.
VI. Time and venue for collecting issued items
1. Venue for obtaining issued items:Dalian International Conference Center (Renmin East Road, Zhongshan District)
2. Time for obtaining issued items:
(1) For Marathon and Half Marathon: Runners must provide their ID cards and enter the venue through face ID gates. Time for collection: 8:30am-5:00pm, May 8rd and 10th; 8:00am-8:00pm, May 11th.
(2) For 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon: Runners must provide their ID cards and enter the venue through face ID gates. Time for collection: 8:30am-5:00pm, May 3rd and 4th.
(3)Wheelchair marathon and wheelchair half marathon runners please contact Dalian Federation of Disabled Persons for collection.
Any overdue collection shall be considered as a case of voluntary waiver without replacement.
VII. Time and distance of closure:
1. One cut-off point is set up for the Mini Marathon event
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District. Time of closure: 8:30 a.m. (one hour after departure).
2. One cut-off point is set up for the 10km Fitness Run event
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District. Time of closure: 9:15 (one hour and forty-five minutes after departure).
3. One cut-off point is set up for the Half Marathon events.
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of the Half Marathon events. Time of closure: 10:30 (three hours after departure).
4. Three cut-off points are set up for the Marathon events.
The first cut-off point is located at the 21.0975 km point. Time of closure: 10:30 (three hours after departure).
The second cut-off point is located at the 35 km point. Time of closure: 12:30 (five hours after departure).
The third cut-off point is located at 42.195 km point. Time of closure: 13:30 (six hours after departure).
VIII. Clothes depository
All participating runners shall deposit their clothes based on a section number given at the designated zone (the Parking Lot on the east side of the International Conference Center, Donggang Business District). They shall reclaim their clothes at the zone indicated by the corresponding section number they have received in the first place. It is recommended by the Organizing Committee that runners do not place any valuables in their bags (e.g., cell phones, valid certificates, cash, keys, credit cards, Ipads, etc.), so that no damage or losses can be incurred.
On the very day of the competition, the clothes deposit service shall stop at 15 minutes before the starting gun is fired. Therefore, all runners shall budget their time properly. All runners shall reclaim their deposited personal belongings from the designated zone at the Terminal Point before 14:45 on the day of the competition. Any object that has not been reclaimed after the designated time can be reclaimed from the Organizing Committee within one week after the competition is completed. If such objects are not reclaimed within that time limit, they shall be disposed of by the Organizing Committee as Unclaimed Objects.
To ensure safety of runners, the social traffic shall be alternately closed during a limited period of time. A time of closure is set up for each section of the competition route. When this time of closure is reached the timing blanket at the corresponding kilometer point shall stop work and the social traffic in that section shall resume. Within the prescribed time of closure, all runners who have not yet completed their corresponding distances shall immediately stop running and get out of the track to avoid danger. Runners who have quitted the competition in this way can go to the Terminal Point either by the receiving vehicle positioned along the route or by public transit.
IX. Regulations on Bib Numbers and Clothing Bags
For Marathon and Half Marathon, each athlete will have two bib numbers; the bigger one should be worn on the chest by pinning or stitching in on the official T-shirt provided by the organizer, and the smaller one should be pinned or stitched on the official bag provided by the organizer. Clothes should be stored and retrieved in the designated area before and after the competition.
X. The Organizing Committee shall provide all runners with the induction timing service. The aforesaid disposable timing chip shall be issued for free to each participating runner at the time he/she is collecting the issued items and shall not be recovered after the competition.
1.Please read carefully the athlete’s manual and instructions provided by the organizer before the competition, and receive your supplies and check in in the designated area at the specified time, so as to take part in the competition;
2.If you ever feel uncomfortable during the competition please stop running immediately and go to the doctors and volunteers for an examination or treatment. Never force yourself to continue the competition, or accidents may happen.
XII.Please refer to the commemorative book, athlete’s manual and instructions provided by the organizer for more details.
32nd Dalian International Marathon Organizing Committee
March 4, 2019