Competition Rules for the 32nd Dalian International Marathon
Chinese Athletic Association, Dalian Municipal People’s Government
Dalian Municipal Sports Bureau, Dalian Federation of Disabled Persons, Dalian Municipal Public Security Bureau, Dalian Municipal Culture & Tourism Bureau, Dalian News Media Group
Propaganda Department of CPC Dalian Municipal Committee, Office of Dalian Network Security & Informatization Commission, Letters & Complaints Bureau of Dalian Municipal Government, Dalian Municipal Industry & IT Bureau, Dalian Municipal Finance Bureau, Dalian Municipal Statistics Bureau, Dalian Municipal Education Bureau, Dalian Municipal Transportation Bureau, Dalian Municipal Health Commission, Dalian Municipal Market Supervision Bureau, Foreign Affairs Office of Dalian Municipal Government, Dalian Municipal State-owned Assets Supervision & Administration Commission, Dalian Fire Department, Dalian Municipal Radio Administration Commission, Dalian Municipal Meteorological Bureau, Dalian Municipal Communications Administration Bureau, Dalian Municipal Urban Administration Bureau, Dalian Municipal Public Utilities Service Center, Dalian Xinghaiwan Development Center,Dalian Municipal Federation of Trade Unions, Dalian Committee of Communist Youth League，Dalian Women's Federation, Dalian Red Cross, Zhongshan District Government, Xigang District Government, Shahekou District Government, Ganjingzi District Government, Lushunkou District Government, Jinpu New District Government, Hi-Tech Zone Administration Commission, Relocation & Transformation Headquarters of East Dalian Port, State Grid Dalian Branch, Dalian Tiantu Cable TV Co., Ltd., Dalian Public Transport Group Co., Ltd., Dalian Metro Corporation, Dalian International Conference Center, Dalian Xinghai Conference & Exhibition Center, Dalian Gulian International Travel Agency.
IV. Record Filing Unit
IAAF, AIMS, Chinese Athletic Association
V. Competitive Events
1. Men/Women Personal Marathon, Marathon Team Event (42.195 km);
2. Men’s Wheelchair Marathon (42.195 km);
3. Men/Women Half Marathon (21.0975 km);
4. Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon (21.0975km);
5. Men and Women 10km Fitness Run (10 km);
6. Men and Women Mini Marathon (4.2 km).
VI. Date and Venue of Competition
(I). Start times:
1. Men’s and women’s 10km, Men’s and women’s mini marathon: 7:30am Sunday, May 5th, 2019.
2. Men’s and women’s marathon, Group marathon, Men’s wheelchair marathon, Men’s and women’s half marathon, Men’s and women’s wheelchair half marathon: 7:30am Sunday, May 12th, 2019.
(II) . Starting Point: Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District.
(III). Terminal Point for full distance competitions:
1.The Terminal Point for Men/Women Personal Marathon, Marathon Team Event and Men’s Wheelchair Marathon is positioned at Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District.
2. The Terminal Point for Men/Women Half Marathon and Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon is positioned at Nnanshan Road.
3. The Terminal Point for Men/Women 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon is positioned at Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District.
1. Route for Men/Women Personal Marathon, Marathon Team Event and Men’s Wheelchair Marathon:
Sets off from Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District and proceeds along Renmin Road (by way of Habour Square, Zhongshan Square, Friendship Square), Zhongshan Road (by way of Hope Square, People’s Square, Olympic Square, Peace Square), Huizhan Road, Xinghai Square turning back , Huizhan Road, Zhongshan Road, Wuhui Road, Jiefang Road, Qiqi Street (by way of Nanshan Street), Scenic Street, Chunde Street, Chaoyang Street, Luxun Road (by way of Sanba Square, Erqi Square), Huale Street, Haile Street, Ganglong Street turning back, Zhuhe Street, Gangxing Road, Dongchen Street, Gangpu Road, Gangdong Fifth Street, Gangdong Street, along Gangpu Road to Gangdong Second Street before turning back, Zhulian Street, Ganglong Road, Renmindong Road, back to the Terminal Point at Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District. The full distance is 42.195 km.
2. Route for Men/Women Half Marathon and Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon:
Sets off from Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District and proceeds along Renmin Road (by way of Habour Square, Zhongshan Square, Friendship Square), Zhongshan Road (by way of Hope Square, People’s Square, Olympic Square, Peace Square), Huizhan Road, Xinghai Square turning back, Huizhan Road, Zhongshan Road, Wuhui Road, Jiefang Road, Qiqi Street (by way of Nanshan Street) and Nanshan Street to the Terminal Point at Nanshan Road. The distance is 21.0975 km.
3. Route for Men/Women 10km Fitness Run:
10km route is inside the Donggang Business District, total length 10km.
4. Route for Men/Women Mini Marathon:
Men/Women Mini Marathon route is inside the Donggang Business District, total length 4.2km.
(I) Age limit
1. Age limit for Men/Women Personal Marathon and Men’s Wheelchair Marathon is 20 years old and above (born in 1999).
2. Age limit for Men/Women Half Marathon is 18 years old and above (born in 2001).
3. Age limit for Men/Women Wheelchair Half Marathon and 10km Fitness Run is 16 years old and above (born in 2003).
4. Age limit for Men/Women Min-Marathon is 13 years old and above (born in 2006).
(II) Registration quota
1. Men’s and women’s marathon/men’s wheelchair marathon: 12,000 runners max.
2. Men’s and women’s half marathon/men’s and women’s wheelchair half marathon: 13,000 runners max.3.
3. Men/Women 10km Fitness Run: 2000 runners max,until full.
4. Men/Women mini Marathon: 3000 runners max,until full.
5.Marathon and half marathon runners’qualification will be decided by drawing lots after payment of registration fee if the numbers of registrations exceed the limits. Runners who register through“Direct Access”will be directly qualified and no drawing required. Please refer to Instructions for Registration of the 32nd Dalian International Marathon for details. Registration fee will be refunded to runners who are not qualified.
(III) Physical condition requirements
Marathon is a high-intensity and high-risk long distance competitive sports event. Participants should be healthy and tempered with long-term training and running exercises, and therefore they should choose a proper event according to their own physical conditions and capabilities.
Patients with the following diseases should not participate in the competition:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes mellitus with excessively high or low blood sugar;
6. Other diseases which are unsuitable for sports.
Registration must be submitted online this year. If you are not familiar with online registration, please go to the helpdesk set up by the Organizing Committee for assistance.
Official website address for registration: The Official Website of Dalian International Marathon Competition www.dlmls.org.
Location of registration helpdesk: Dalian QQ-Park.
Registration telephone: 0411-39559394 39634543.
1. Time of registration
Participants can fill in the required registration information and pay registration fee by logging on the Dalian International Marathon Official Website Registration System.
Time of registration: 10:00 a.m. March 8 - 5:00 p.m March 22, 2019
Runners must fill out and submit the registration form and pay registration fee to be qualified for the race. Marathon and half marathon runners’qualification will be decided by drawing lots if the numbers of registrations exceed the limits. Registration fee will be refunded to runners who are not qualified. Qualified runners must complete face ID acquisition as required by the Organizing Committee.
3. Both individual registration and group registration are acceptable. However, for the relay event the runners’ names must be filled in the order of their stations. During the registration, the participants shall submit for verification the Registration Form carrying the “Participation Statement”signed by themselves. The Registration Form of any participating group representing a unit shall be affixed with the official seal of the unit.
4. Registration fee:
(1) For domestic (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) participants: Marathon-RMB 150 yuan per person; Half Marathon-RMB 120 yuan per person; 10km Fitness Run/Mini Marathon-RMB 50 yuan per person.
(2) For foreign participants: Marathon-50 USD (RMB 350 yuan) per person ; Half Marathon-30 USD (RMB 210 yuan) per person; 10km Fitness Run/Mini Marathon-20 USD (RMB 140 yuan) per person.
(3) CAA registered athletes shall sign in on the Official Website of Chinese Athletic Association.
(4) Foreign elite athletes invited to the competition shall comply with the Management Regulations for Inviting Foreign Elite Athletes to Participate in the Marathon Events Hosted in China.
No registration application will be acceptable after 17:00 March 22, and the Organizing Committee has the right to decide whether any registration shall be accepted according to the situation of registration.
(V) Time and venue for collecting issued items
1. Venue for supplies collection:
Dalian International Conference Center (Renmin East Road, Zhongshan District)
2. Time for obtaining issued items:
(1) For 10km Fitness Run and Mini Marathon: Runners must provide their ID cards and enter the venue through face ID gates. Time for collection: 8:30am-5:00pm, May 3rd and 4th.
(2) For Marathon and Half Marathon: Runners must provide their ID cards and enter the venue through face ID gates. Time for collection: 8:30am-5:00pm, May 8rd and 10th ; 8:00am-8:00pm, May 11th.
(3)Wheelchair marathon and wheelchair half marathon runners please contact Dalian Federation of Disabled Persons for collection.
Any overdue collection shall be considered as a case of voluntary waiver without replacement.
IX. Method of competition
(I) This competition shall comply with the latest Rules of Competition issued by the International Athletics Federation and approved by the Chinese Athletic Association and the Rules and Regulations of the Marathon Events in question.
(II) Date and time of check-in:
1.10km and mini marathon runners must arrive at the start (International Conference Center in Dalian Donggang Business District) to check in before 7:00am on May 5th.
2.Marathon, half marathon, wheelchair marathon and wheelchair half marathon runners must arrive at the start (International Conference Center in Dalian Donggang Business District) to check in before 6:30am on May 12th. Marathon and half marathon runners must go through designated face ID gates to check in.
(III) Starting order: In descending order of specially invited athletes, registered athletes and amateur runners (lined up in zones partitioned according to the personal results of the participants so far achieved). The Starting Point of each zone should keep a distance of 10 meters from that stationed ahead of it.
(IV) Disposable induction timing chips shall be used in the Marathon/Marathon/Marathon/Wheelchair Marathon/Wheelchair Half Marathon events. All participating runners shall wear the specified timing chip. The Organizing Committee shall provide all runners with the induction timing service. The aforesaid disposable timing chip shall be issued for free to each participating runner at the time he/she is collecting the issued items and shall not be recovered after the competition.
(V) All events shall set off simultaneously at the same and the only one starting gun fire.
(VI) Time and distance of closure:
1. One cut-off point is set up for the Mini Marathon event
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District. Time of closure: 8:30 a.m. (one hour after departure).
2. One cut-off point is set up for the 10km Fitness Run event
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of Dalian International Conference Center, Donggang Business District. Time of closure: 9:15 (one hour and forty-five minutes after departure).
3. One cut-off point is set up for the Half Marathon events.
This cut-off point is located at the Terminal Point of the Half Marathon events. Time of closure: 10:30 (three hours after departure).
4. Three cut-off points are set up for the Marathon events.
The first cut-off point is located at the 21.0975 km point. Time of closure: 10:30 (three hours after departure).
The second cut-off point is located at the 35 km point. Time of closure: 12:30 (five hours after departure).
The third cut-off point is located at 42.195 km point. Time of closure: 13:30 (six hours after departure).
(VII) Clothes depository
All participating runners shall deposit their clothes based on a section number given at the designated zone (the Parking Lot on the east side of the International Conference Center, Donggang Business District). They shall reclaim their clothes at the zone indicated by the corresponding section number they have received in the first place. It is recommended by the Organizing Committee that runners do not place any valuables in their bags (e.g., cell phones, valid certificates, cash, keys, credit cards, Ipads, etc.), so that no damage or losses can be incurred.
On the very day of the competition, the clothes deposit service shall stop at 15 minutes before the starting gun is fired. Therefore, all runners shall budget their time properly. All runners shall reclaim their deposited personal belongings from the designated zone at the Terminal Point before 14:45 on the day of the competition. Any object that has not been reclaimed after the designated time can be reclaimed from the Organizing Committee within one week after the competition is completed. If such objects are not reclaimed within that time limit, they shall be disposed of by the Organizing Committee as Unclaimed Objects.
To ensure safety of runners, the social traffic shall be alternately closed during a limited period of time. A time of closure is set up for each section of the competition route. When this time of closure is reached the timing blanket at the corresponding kilometer point shall stop work and the social traffic in that section shall resume. Within the prescribed time of closure, all runners who have not yet completed their corresponding distances shall immediately stop running and get out of the track to avoid danger. Runners who have quitted the competition in this way can go to the Terminal Point either by the receiving vehicle positioned along the route or by public transit.
(VIII) Runners participating in the Wheelchair Marathon/Wheelchair Half Marathon shall bring their own wheelchairs.
(IX) Medical assistance
1. The Organizing Committee shall set up fixed medical support facilities at the Starting Point, along the route (at the interval of every 2.5 km along the Marathon route starting from its 5 km point) and at the Terminal Point.
2. The Organizing Committee shall set up mobile AED medical support services along the route.
3. The Organizing Committee shall position medical service stations and medical assistance volunteers alongside the route to assist in medical support and maintain order. Runners can request assistance from them as the occasion demands.
(X) For other specific requirements and arrangement, please consult the Entry Information.
(XI) Dope tests shall be conducted in this competition according to the regulations of the International Association of Athletics Federations and the Chinese Athletic Association.
1. Timing chips will be used in all races except 10km and mini marathon. The chips will start timing when runners pass through the start.
2. Timing blankets are laid at the Starting Point, each 5 km point, 21.0975 km point, Retrace Point and Terminal Point. All runners must pass through all the timing blankets laid down on the ground during their running course. Any runner who has missed the result scored at any one timing point in the course of running shall be excluded from the ranking list, even if he/she has completed the competition within limit of the time of closure.
3. The top eight runners in the personal ranking of Marathon and Half Marathon shall be awarded. The placement of the top eight men and women athletes shall be based on the gunfire score，while other placements shall be determined by the net timing score.
4. Ranking method for the Marathon Team Event
On the day of the competition, if any team can have all of its 5 runners (including at least 1 woman runner) complete the competition within 6 hours (net timing score) as required by the rules without missing the timing score of any sectional timing point, then its team score shall be considered as valid and such a team shall have acquired the eligibility for ranking. However, if there is not any woman runner in the team, or if any one of its runners cannot finish the competition, then such a team shall be excluded from ranking.
5.No score and ranking shall be given for the 10km Fitness Run and the Mini Marathon events. All participants shall be awarded a Commemorative Certificate.
The Organizing Committee shall enforce video monitoring at the Starting Point, certain segments of the route and the Terminal Point. Any participants in violation of the following rules shall be deprived of their competition scores and shall not be allowed to participate in the Dalian International Marathon Competition within a period of two years. In addition, such violations shall be reported to the Chinese Athletic Association for further punishment.
1. Anyone who has made registration with a false age or has made someone else run for him/her;
2. Any athlete who participates in the competition by wearing the induction timing chip of someone else (including the case in which a male athlete wears the timing chip of a female athlete), or any athlete who wears more than one induction timing chips during the race;
3. Anyone who does not follow the starting order or who starts running at the Starting Point of an event which he/she has not registered for;
4. Anyone who makes a false start at the Starting Point without complying with the stipulated time;
5. Anyone who refuses to stop the competition or returns to the track after having quitted the competition after the time of closure has arrived;
6. Anyone who does not complete the full distance of any event along the specified route, or has taken a short cut, or has inserted into the team halfway by taking advantage of any conveyance;
7. Anyone who repeatedly passes the Terminal Point in violation of the rules with the intention to obtain more souvenirs;
8. Anyone who, although has not completed the full distance, passes through the Terminal Point in an attempt to obtain souvenirs;
9. Anyone who fabricates fake bib numbers or has several runners alternately run for him/her;
10. Anyone who refuses to obey order of the officials, interferes with the competition, gather a crowd to make disturbances, or come to blows;
11. Any uncivilized behaviors (e.g., committing nuisance, littering, etc.);
12. Other behaviors in violation of the rules.
Anyone who has obtained the eligibility by providing false information or has transferred his/her bib number to others shall bear responsibility for any consequence arising therefrom.
XI. Ranking and awards
(I) The top eight winners of Men and Women Marathon events shall be awarded respectively. The champion shall be awarded a Champion Cup and a Commemorative Cup. Winners ranking from the first to the eighth places shall be respectively awarded a medal, a commemorative medal, a bath towel and ranking prize (in USD).
1. Personal ranking prizes (in USD)
If the score of the top winner of men’s event fails to fall within 2 hours and 11 minutes (inclusive), then his prize shall be reduced by 10000 USD (while the prize for other rankings shall remain unchanged).
If the score of the top winner of women’s event fails to fall within 2 hours and 30 minutes (inclusive), then her prize shall be reduced by 10000 USD (while the prize for other places shall remain unchanged).
2. Awards for breaking the Match Records
Man: (should concurrently be the Champion) shall be awarded 10000 USD as prize
Woman: (should concurrently be the Champion) shall be awarded 10000 USD as prize
3. Commemorative prizes
All men/women Marathon runners who have completed the full distance within the time prescribed by the Organizing Committee shall be awarded commemorative medals and bath towels.
4. Any prize winner who is spot checked for doping test shall not be awarded the prize on the spot. All prize winners shall bring their valid ID certificate to complete relevant formalities at the Prize Office. If any winner is found to be problematic in the doping test, he/she shall be removed from the ranking list. But the ranking of the subsequent winners shall not be promoted accordingly.
(II) Awards for team events: The top 30 places of team events shall obtain the Team Event Awards issued by the Organizing Committee, which shall be delivered by mail after being publicized on completion of the competition. The result of ranking shall be announced after the competition. Any runner who has participated in a team event shall be excluded from the ranking list for any personal Marathon event awards.
For Marathon team events, the final score of a team shall be based on the cumulative sum of the time taken by all of its team members to arrive at the Terminal Point. The winners shall be determined in order of the ranking of their scores. The top first to eighth places shall be awarded prizes (see the following table. Unit: in RMB):
Teams ranking 9th to 30th shall be respectively awarded RMB 500 yuan.
(III) The top eight winners of Men and Women Half Marathon events shall be awarded respectively, of which the Champion shall be awarded a Champion Cup and a Commemorative Cup. Winners ranking from the first to the eighth places shall be respectively awarded medals, commemorative medals and ranking prizes (in RMB).
1. Ranking prizes (in RMB)
2. Commemorative awards
All runners in the Men and Women Half Marathon who have finished the full distance within the time prescribed by the Organizing Committee shall be awarded the Commemorative Medals.
(IV)Special Awards for Chinese Athletes
Top 8 men and women Chinese athletes will be awarded. Top 8 athletes will be ranked as per net time.
Ranking prizes (in RMB)
If the score of the top winner of men’s event fails to fall within 2 hours and 20 minutes (inclusive), then his prize shall be reduced by RMB 10000 yuan (while the prize for other rankings shall remain unchanged).
If the score of the top winner of women’s event fails to fall within 2 hours and 40 minutes (inclusive), then her prize shall be reduced by RMB 10000 yuan (while the prize for other places shall remain unchanged).
Chinese athletes winning both rank prize and special award will receive only one of them with the higher prize amount. No double prize will be given.
(V) The top six winners of Men’s Wheelchair Marathon/Men and Women Wheelchair Half Marathon events shall be awarded, of which the Champion shall be awarded a Champion Cup and a Commemorative Cup. Winners ranking from the first to the sixth places shall be respectively awarded medals, commemorative medals, bath towels and ranking prizes.
Note: Marathon runners who arrive at the finish within 1 hour 32 minutes and 11 seconds will be awarded 2,000 Yuan; half marathon runners who arrive at the finish within 49 minutes and 38 seconds (men) or 53 minutes and 34 seconds (women) will be awarded 2,000 Yuan.
(VI) No ranking shall be given for the 10km Fitness Run and the Mini Marathon events. All participants who have completed the full distance shall be awarded a Commemorative Certificate.
(VII) In accordance with the relevant regulations of Chinese Tax Law, all the above mentioned prizes (ranking prizes, record breaking prizes, time awards) shall be levied personal income tax at the rate of 20%.
XII. Technical meeting
(I)Technical meeting for wheelchair runners (teams) will be held in Dalian Rehabilitation Center for the Disabled Persons on May 11th at 2pm.
(II) Technical meeting for registered teams is to be decided and will be announced separately.
XIII. Technical delegates, technical officials, arbitrators and referees
(I) Chinese Athletic Association shall designate technical delegates and technical officials for the competition zone.
(II) Arbitrators, competition directors (assistants), chief referees and referees shall be designated by Dalian Sports Bureau.
(I) All foreign and regional athletes who are invited to participate in the Marathon competition shall be responsible for their own international travel expenses and board and lodging expenses during their stay in Dalian (Standard for board and lodging: RMB 320 yuan/day).
(II) Athletes from domestic provinces and cities shall be responsible for their own travel, board and lodging expenses.
(III) For detailed information about the travel, board and lodging expenses of registered athletes, consult the Supplementary Notice.
The sponsors of this competition shall secure all participants and staff against Personal Accident Insurance, of which the insurance policy shall be based on the registration information. Therefore, any mistake contained in the registration information can lead to failure in taking the insurance and in this case the error information provider shall be solely responsible for any consequence thereof. Please visit the Official Website of Dalian International Marathon Competition to consult the Life Insurance Instructions carried therein.
XVI. Contact information of the Office of Dalian International Marathon Organizing Committee
Address:No. 49, Beijing Street, Xigang District, Dalian, Liaoning Province, China
Postal code:116011 Telephone:0411—83682893
XVII. Any uncovered matters shall be informed with further notice. The right to revise or interpret this Rules shall belong to the Dalian International Marathon Organizing Committee.
The 32nd Dalian International Marathon Organizing Committee
March 4, 2019